Formulating using dry matter
Dry matter formulations and weight bounds
To formulate on a dry matter basis, select dry matter from the list at the top. When formulating on a dry matter basis:
- The weight in the Feed mass (kg) field is the dry matter feed weight (i.e. the actual weight of the feed eventually mixed will be heavier than the dry matter weight).
- The nutrient bounds are expressed as dry matter bounds.
- The ingredient percentage bounds are dry matter percentage bounds.
- The ingredient percentages in the formulated feed are the dry matter percentages (i.e. the percentage that the ingredient contributes to the feed’s weight, if there were no water in the feed). The as-is and dry matter weights of the ingredients are displayed in separate columns. If these are not visible, click on the customise ingredient table button, and drag the ‘DM’ Weights and Weights headers onto the ingredient solutions area.
- The solution displays both the as-is and dry matter cost per ton of feed.